Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NNENO Forum reorganizing

NNENO Forum reorganizing 25 Nov 2020 06:49 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
As decided and decreed at the last NENO club meeting the forum operation will shut down for lack of participation by NENO club members
The club abandoned the NNENO name in 2003, the club reorganized as New England Norton Owners NENO.
NNENO.org is the acronym for Northern New England Norton Owners.
NNENO was the origin club which has morphed over time into something very different.
It has been said that ageing owners can no longer handle kick start bikes.
Owners are not willing or technically capable to do their own maintenance or repairs.
These are now identified as Norton "owners" who also might own other brands of push button bike or are now just bar flies with a story....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Why is NENO Forum shutting down-post mortum 04 Dec 2020 15:42 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
forum started march 2015

113 members signed up
More than 10 NEVER logged into forum
8 not visited since 2015
17 not visited since 2016
21 not visited since 2017
18 not visited since2018
10 not visited since 2019
13 not visited since 2020 july
14 have visited since august 2020

top posters
271 dynodave
165 mike friel
49 gocommando
45 jim winning
33 Mike pappas
29 dan battle
27 Bob bolduc
25 Erich Bruning
20-10 3 more folks
below 10 for the remainder

78 topics club chat
78 topics tech talk
In the final analysis the forum received no support except by a very few members

NNENO website/Forum status update 18 Mar 2023 09:13 #3

• dynodave
  • dynodave
30 people have logged in since 1Jan 2022

14 folks have logged in since 1 Jan 2023

11 log-in in Mar 2023

I can not disagree with the existence of waning interest in Norton based clubs and forums.
Certainly it was affected by the pandemic and general aging of the Norton enthusiasts.

I have now dropped membership from INOA (1988-feb 2023)
In 2011 the same rally location and tristate club asked for tech sessions which I presented and received good participation.
For me the tipping point was the 2022 Rip Van Norton Rally in NY. After spending weeks in preparation , towing my 26 ft trailer 125 miles, organizing and loading tech session equipment, fuel, highway tolls, an extra day of camping to be ready for initially requested monday morning starting tech session......to then find out I was not even scheduled in the program for monday...along with NO friday session. I was finally discovered no one was ever apprised of my presence or location. My being listed in the program had no effect.Basically virtually NO ONE EVER showed for 3 days!!! I packed up and left friday morning to go home. Good to waste $500-600 and a few weeks prep loading and unloading.

I will not renew with NOC.(1997-2023). Their forum and "tech help" is incomplete, abysmal and outdated.

I had been in a variety of internet forums ,facebook format, NENO included, that were severely lacking in technical content that was not worth 2 cents.or the time invested.

Here, the participation has dropped to 8 people with over 20 posts.

to date 5 people attended NNENO skype meetings

See you 5 April 1st wednesday afternoon.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds