Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Commando Pushrods???

Commando Pushrods??? 07 Sep 2018 16:34 #1

• TPeterson
  • TPeterson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
OK, Gents, stumped again.
Dave was kind enough to help me get the head off my 74 Commando a couple of weekends back. Glad I did it with someone who knew how. I would have still been working it out.
Regardless, the pushrods were all junk so I decided to buy a couple bunches off ebay, and take a couple bunches from various friends, and now I have a small collection of pushrods. After I threw away half of them for being bent, I noticed that half are all different lengths.
???????
The 3 intakes I scrounged up are all different lengths, and so are the exhaust rods. Are there different lengths for different models with different part numbers? I can't imaging that the tolerance on these is +/- 1/8".
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Commando Pushrods??? 08 Sep 2018 07:24 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
I wonder if you are the victim of dealing with uneducated norton posers parts pushers?
There is a slowly decreasing inventory out there of original light pre commando pushrods that will definitely be a different length...longer then commando.
I have been trying to buy the pre commando ones and have bought several sets to finally obtain 1 useable set.
However I knew this probability going in.
If they are good...it looks like you have a pair of command intakes and 4 commando exhaust. Save the long ones for me......unless you find the manxman ones are equally compromised from the 7S cam super screwup... who knows if you even have the correct valves in the manxman...do you feel lucky sucker ....well do ya?

L to R in pairs The even shorter 500ccpush rods are not shown
INTAKE
pre commando Atlas750/650/600-
hot rod aluminum commando-
stock commando-
50 thou shorter solid barrel for high lift commando cam
---scale---
EXHAUST-
Atlas-
hot rod aluminum commando-
stock commando-
50 thou shorter solid barrel for high lift commando cam