Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "twiggy" or "porky the pig"?

"twiggy" or "porky the pig"? 11 Nov 2019 22:47 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
Dan Battle came by today for a combat case scavenge modification, His nice clean cases were easily done in under a half hour "under the knife"(drill/grinder). Besides popping out the case halves mating hollow dowels and the two timing chest 1/4" dowel pins which also are only a slip fit when new/clean and unrusted and glued by sealer residue.
He happened to mention as part of a discussion that a NHT(commando) must weigh 200lb. I said... not even close... I used the simple fact that I am not that big (162 lbs) and strong any more to heave around a complete NHT if it was that much.
When this spring before the Michigan rally, I installed my complete combat engine into the rolling chassis, I simply lifted the engine out of the engine assembly stand, swung around, and set it down into the frame and had the 3 rear engine cradle bolts installed in well under 5 minutes.
So tonight I was in bed and was mulling the days events. I was so curious and was not falling asleep, So I got back up out of bed, and came downstairs to the shop with the bathroom scales under arm to weigh one of my complete engines. Only one was easily moveable due to the normal amount of severe over clutter in the office. So I had my 63 atlas engine (complete but no magneto) including my normal engine stand onto the scales and got 87lbs.
The story is now typed up and I'm getting sleepy so it's time for bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: commando6868, mikethgreek, jim winning, DJB, PMellin, GONZO

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"twiggy" or "porky the pig"? 13 Nov 2019 08:59 #2

• jim winning
  • Thank you received: 19
Dave, you should try counting sheep.....it will be easier on your back :)!

"twiggy" or "porky the pig"? 14 Nov 2019 07:19 #3

• DJB
  • Thank you received: 4
I am glad you slept well

"twiggy" or "porky the pig"? 29 Nov 2019 10:41 #4

• commando6868
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Counting chain saws would be closer to home !

"THE FUTURE'S UNCERTAIN AND THE END IS ALWAYS NEAR"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds