Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rocker Feed Oil Lines

Rocker Feed Oil Lines 23 Apr 2022 08:22 #1

• 1973norton
  • 1973norton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thought I'd reach out to you folks for help with replacing the rocker feed oil lines on my stock '73 Interstate. Venhill has a stainless braided line kit. I like the OEM look Andover offers, (06-5561) but it's not available to me locally.

I don't trust just replacing the tubing with something from an auto parts store unless someone has a suitable line suggestion to survive pressure & temperatures. My crossover line snapped at the barbed banjo fitting with a light tug by hand. Also, I'm embarrassed to say I lost one of the single barb banjo fittings so I'll probably need a kit.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rocker Feed Oil Lines 24 Apr 2022 19:27 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
These are pathetically easy to "rebuild". I had done almost freebee rebuilds for the price of the nylon 11 black tubing. For the 8 years I did 1st saturday NNENO tech sessions at my place (on occasion 1st and 3rd saturday).
There is no big secret, other than they MUST be done COLD. The tubing is held in a conventional tubing flare tool, just a little extra length showing more than a normal flare length. The barb fittings are pounded in with a plastic mallet. I even have a data sheet with the rotational angles and best length required. A "too short" run over the top may cause a failure from stress at the fitting. For this reason, I have made length recommendations to avoid premature failure.

A big tell-tail the job is correct is, the tubing is very tight and you must twist very hard to make it move. Even today, the correct tubing is still only $2-$3 tops for the whole job though most places will sell only 10' min.
Heat ruins the process.

MSCdirect.com :
catalog :
big book : pg 4069
1/4" 200deg F $.43 a foot

I myself don't like the long tube type fittings which is what AN sells now.
Stainless braided? I would not use one even if free! Braided was NEVER original on commando.

I like this method enough that I even do the top oiler featherbeds too, with it's own specific lengths of course!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds