TOPIC: Fork slider compatability

Fork slider compatability 19 Oct 2021 21:07 #1

• rightshiftrick
  • rightshiftrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello all,

I have been wanting to convert my TLS front end over to a disc brake. I have a later disc brake fork slider in my parts bin, and am wondering if the non carrier side slider is the same as the that for drum, or if I need to look for one from a later model. A look at the parts list and Norvil's website would suggest that the non disc side slider is the same for a TLS or disc model.

It is still a work in progress, as I am trying to keep the bike on the road, while I'm gathering the components to do the conversion.

Thank You,

Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fork slider compatability 20 Oct 2021 06:10 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
Hi Rick
The main difference is the early drum fork sliders are fully round profile and the later disc sliders ons have growm slightly larger and a slight squarer profile. There is no functional difference on the left side. Being on opposite sides it is likely few will notice that the left side profile does not match the caliper side
Condition of the slider bore is the most important . Unfortunately new fork legs are very expensive.
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

Fork slider compatability 20 Oct 2021 10:01 #3

• rightshiftrick
  • rightshiftrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thank you Dave,

Knowing that they are functionally the same makes things easier. I've got a front wheel with 12" Production Pacer disc and fork adapter plate. I still need to track down the appropriate master cylinder, caliper, and other components. Slowly putting something together.

Eric

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds