Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wiring diagram 1970

Wiring diagram 1970 23 Jan 2020 09:33 #1

• Bthor77
  • Bthor77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Looking for kill switch and horn diagram.1970 . bike ran last year. removed heads and barrels to get work done. Machine work will be done next week. This year instead of using key as kill I would like to confirm hook up of kill switch. Hoping some one can post 1970 head light wiring diagram. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wiring diagram 1970 24 Jan 2020 17:23 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
As this is a 70, there is No mag needing a kill button. The ignition switch is the kill button. In 71(S-2) with the new lucas switch gear IIRC the run/stop switch was introduced..I'll look and see if the 68-70 diagram is around.( I have 3 harnesses hanging in the doorway?). I could mail you one. Might easier than scanning. Or else drop by for a Thursday MESP?

Wiring diagram 1970 29 Jan 2020 11:34 #3

• Bthor77
  • Bthor77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks Dave. I was able on one occasion to stop in. had a great time but It is about a 2 hr trip. Chances are better that I will see you at a swap meet first. I will try to keep in touch and hope that if the chance arises I can attend meeting.

g

Wiring diagram 1970 30 Jan 2020 11:15 #4

• dynodave
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
I did check, and the stone age simple schematic shows, as expected, there is NO separate ignition kill switch. The key switch is for the ignition and brakes light..that's it

The headlight wiring is part of the main harness and is not separate at all. Anything you do will complicate the harness. ....
The toggle switch on the headlight bucket is for, Lights OFF OR running light and tail light OR head light and tail light...that's all it does.
Horn is hot off the fuse/battery but before the amp meter. The horn switch grounds the hot horn to make it beep
Give me a call if you want clarification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bthor77

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds