• Page:

TOPIC: Led lamps ? bipolar?

Led lamps ? bipolar? 22 Apr 2021 10:02 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
led thread
This thread is 16+ post long and no one seems to know anything about the topic and just throwing words around. A perfect example of why i had to leave. Blind leading the blind or dumb and dumber
1. "LED" are one polarity and are Light Emitting DIODE .By Definition an LED has only one junction which is the meeting of ONE negative material with ONE positive material. It only conducts electricity and current when proper power polarity is respected...then it lights when adequate current flows.....if too much voltage/current flows then it burns out
2. Manufactured "lamp assemblies" that are inadequately identified are the reason for the uneducated responses..
3 An LED when married to a 4 diode bridge will then respond to voltage applied "to the bridge assembly" which steers the current in the direction needed by the diode to light up.even if the wires are reversed. A bridge is a 4 diode device that acts like 4 individual check valves attached to each other so they open one way and closes when flow/pressure is reversed. The LED electric flow always stays the same.
4. these bipolar led are always bridge-led combinations..Even if NOT clearly identified as such.
5 This should be crystal clear to enlightened first year electronics students.
6 in a classroom environment this can be demonstrated in well under 20 minutes.
I'll try to post a little drawing to show its 2 polarity functioning..
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick, eo1bart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.018 seconds