Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NNENO tech session?July - 22

NNENO tech session?July - 22 04 Jul 2021 11:43 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
I would like to present a tech session on the complete Norton MK3 electric start system.
First or third saturday.
Morning would be good as my afternoon shade is very scarce but up to 10:30-11am is quite good.calls for an early start...
Give a call if interested about details and about scheduling
978-626-1378

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NNENO tech session? 16 Oct 2021 12:27 #2

• dynodave
  • dynodave
While at Tony Lockwood's ceremony last monday I met two new NENO members that seemed to sorely want me to host a tech session. I'm waiting for a contact from them.

Tony just recently sold his 55 model 88 wideline to Jack Alexander only a few months ago. Tony lived very near me in Ipswich when he bought it. I'm assuming he forgot I asked him for and he agreed, first refusal when he sold it..Besides hybrids the wideline it the only NHT I don't have.

NNENO tech session? 19 Oct 2021 20:29 #3

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Sorry to hear he forgot about your arrangement. I loaned a few hard to find accessories and parts out to people to make patterns off of, and later found out they sold them. I probably should have kept on top of them more, but trusted I would get them back. Can be frustrating.

Eric

NNENO tech session? 12 Nov 2021 10:48 #4

• adminjr
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes, it can be tough keeping track. I knew there were 3 different fastback tanks. You loaned me one to make a mold. If I recall correctly, it was returned. I loaned a motorcycle electrical book to a local guy with the understanding it would be returned ....yeah right..

Open house club meeting here Sat 13 nov

Dave C

NNENO tech session? 12 Nov 2021 16:03 #5

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

adminjr wrote: Yes, it can be tough keeping track. I knew there were 3 different fastback tanks. You loaned me one to make a mold. If I recall correctly, it was returned. I loaned a motorcycle electrical book to a local guy with the understanding it would be returned ....yeah right..

Open house club meeting here Sat 13 nov

Yes, If I recall correctly, the fastback tank I have is from a '71. You returned it to me. It has the two bobbins on the rear like the earlier fiberglass roadster tanks. I almost picked up one of the earlier FB tanks with the indents just to have as an example, but the owner wanted a little too much for it. They are my favorite tank, but just too iffy with changing fuel.

Eric

NNENO tech session? 14 Nov 2021 07:30 #6

• dynodave
  • dynodave
I did have a early badge inset tank available which is the integral fiberglass "horns", for the retention oring, making it more difficult to manufacture.
The second tanks had badge insets and the metal studs.
The third tanks was NO INSETS and was for decals only.
The 2 metal stud versions are, without questiion, far superior (IMO).
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds