• Page:

TOPIC: 13 Nov get together

13 Nov get together 15 Nov 2021 08:29 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
Good to have NNENO/NENO/BSAOCNE get together. I had to clean up my middle bay and today I rolled in the combat for side stand repair. We'll see how long it takes and if I can get in a few rides before old man winter rolls in.We finally said good night to the remaining crew around 7:30 after extensive question/answer and show and tell session.

It also prompted me to do a bit of forum work as you can see expanded tech areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 Nov get together 15 Nov 2021 18:58 #2

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thank you for hosting the meeting Dave. It was great to see everyone, and always good to learn more about these bikes. The "Dominator" discussion was quite informative.

Eric

13 Nov get together 17 Jan 2022 08:15 #3

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
The gathering of norton enthusiasts was good though the meeting seemed a bit lack-luster, but I've grown used to that.
It is a shame due to covid or I'd gladly run NNENO meeting here on noncompeting days..

As I age and see the population going to push button bikes or worse, give up riding, it makes my motivation diminish to continue research and documentation of NHT evolution. This seems to be made worse with the takeover of communication mode to facebook ect formats led or pulled by smart phone dominance.

Participation on the NOC website and forum are quite substandard, IMO, and the NHT tech information offered is abysmal for such a large data source..
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

13 Nov get together 17 Jan 2022 10:20 #4

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
COVID has definitely put a damper on things for many, but I have to agree that ease of modern push button machines is winning over many (I'm guilty of a bit of it with my ST4). Another club that I am a member of has pretty much switched over to the modern Bonneville platform or Royal Enfields. The few who still have older machines leave them mostly parked. At their last rally (Pre COVID), my Norton was the only classic bike there. They are more of a riding club though.

Facebook is a horrible platform to have any real discussion on. It's mostly for light chatter, and its algorithm really makes it hard to follow and find posts. Unfortunately, it's easy to just create a page and be done with it. It takes more effort to run a proper forum.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds