Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NNENO tech session 17 Aug 2022

NNENO tech session 17 Aug 2022 15 Aug 2022 12:29 #1

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
The inspection of Bruce's engine was eye opening to say the least. With todays geographically scattered members, using Tony Lockwood RIP wednesday night schedule instead of prime weekend time for get togethers, he was quite successful. The "Cape Cod" group was quite autonomous from NENO, though he gave NENO a write up to satisfy the tie-in. "we meet most wednesdays in the "Batcave" for wrenching at 7:00pm"
In reality they did little local rides in season and more inside tech sessions in the off riding season.

I would like to try a similar Wednesday evening get together where both actual local members only can in person can observe active tech sessions with travel cost, time, health protection are considerations that might justify Skype-Zoom or another on-line meeting softwre for out of area or non traveling members.

Any comments-suggestions and suggested date and time for a first attempt on a wednesday evening.

NNENO members will be able to participate in online meetings. Lurkers will not

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NNENO tech sessions ? 15 Aug 2022 20:13 #2

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
That sounds like a nice idea. A regularly Wednesday night (or other night save most Tuesdays) is something that I could plan for and attend. I will be out of town the first two Wednesdays of September though (9/7 & 9/14) though.

Eric

NNENO tech sessions ? 15 Aug 2022 20:20 #3

• dynodave
  • dynodave
Tentativly have 2 guys coming this wednesday evening.
Lee is planning on bring/donating a big screen tv to have for the skype/zoom display. Work on barrel fitting on combat bottom end.
Kirk from Gloucester was here tonight/monday and will be back for amal carb examinations on wed..
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

NNENO tech session 17 Aug 2022 18 Aug 2022 06:35 #4

• dynodave
  • dynodave
Eric, Lee and I discussed a variety of topics for scheduling and conducting in person local and internet conference NNENO meetings. We will have first Wednesday evening meetings every month with further Wednesday meetings/work sessions during that month if needed. They will be announced here on NNENO.org.

Left to right is the 5 mile MK3, my "matching number" MK3 and my Combat acquired in 1987.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick, chrisw

NNENO follow up tech session 24 Aug 2022 24 Aug 2022 09:55 #5

• dynodave
  • dynodave
A few work projects are scheduled for tonight.
1. Kirk: combat head disassembly and pre rebuild/repair inspection. Further head cleaning to follow
2 Lee: combat cylinder reinstall on bottom end, lifter wear pattern testings prep for final install.,

The lifters were pulled out 20 years ago without marking their origin.
Quite an up close visual chore to note the matching wear marks and reestablish the lifters as matching sets. Next is to detect the sets into their original bore again by matching the wear mark patterns. Before installation they were engraved with respective positions 1-2-3-4, then installed into the barrels.
Right to Left. 1 is timing side 4 is drive side.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rightshiftrick

NNENO tech session 17 Aug 2022 28 Aug 2022 16:04 #6

• mikethgreek
  • Thank you received: 7
Dave, my only thoughts are that an early as possible start time would be good for us folks facing an hour+ ride home. Perhaps 6:00 PM ? I understand that might possible cut into dinnertime, and 7:00 is probably more realistic. I myself am not a fan of Zoom, but it is definitely better than nothing, and likely I would participate if they were offered. As for tech session ideas, I would like to attend one on painting small parts of the Norton, handlebar switch housings for my 75 E-Start in particular. I've tried, but when I apply white paint for the lettering, it will not stick. Also would like to see a session on restoring brake cyklinders front and rear, but if I remember right you're of the opinion they are not worth trying to renew. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My best,

Mike P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds