anything specific or general is fine.
I open the session 5.45 to 6pm...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1st Wed, 4 Oct, 6PM skype NHT tech session 06 Oct 2023 19:06 #2

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thanks to Dave for helping me move further in my MkIII project bike at this week's tech session. I pulled the motor from the MkIII last month. The head and barrels were already off, so it wasn't too much work.

This tech session, we took down the timing side and split the cases in order to check the camshaft and other components. The bike had been sitting for many years, so I want to make sure everything is in good order for the rebuild. Everything came apart relatively easily.

Dave demonstrated how to modify the commonly found Triumph style timing pinion extractor so that it properly fits a Norton. There isn't a lot of material to remove, but it makes a big difference.

I still need to do some clean-up and order up a few parts (there were a few non standard fasteners in the cases), but I now have a good starting point for the rebuild.

We also discussed some mounting options for an Avon fairing that I picked up a while ago. I have always loved the style. This one came off of a Velocette, and only has the steering head mount, so I will need to design some for the Commando and have someone weld them up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.022 seconds