TOPIC: NENO Girl!

NENO Girl! 18 Aug 2016 11:11 #1

• jimvann
  • jimvann's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
NENO Homies,

Once in a while I think that I have come up with a good idea, but usually I'm just constipated. But this time I really do have a good idea. No, really.

Mike P. and I were sitting around having a beer after last Saturday's NENO meeting discussing a thought I had; why doesn't NENO have our own Norton Girl?

Mike thought it was a great idea! So does President Mike F.

So here is the proposal: NENO photographs our own NENO Girl
Professional quality picture/s of a good looking, sexy babe on a clean OE stock Norton, most likely a Commando. It is envisioned that the picture/s turn out to be just like the “Norton Girl” ads of the ‘70s.

Purpose:

*To make the other INOA chapters jealous. This is a noble endeavor.

*We can use the image for NENO recruiting. Word up a mock “ad” with the pitch for NENO! I.E. join NENO get the bike and the girl. Or; “A typical NENO member on her motorcycle!” A little white lie to attract younger members.

*To encourage other Norton chapters to follow suit. Maybe put together an INOA Chapter calendar eventually or a NENO calendar that we can market.

*Because we can. A NENO Girl is a very doable, low budget, cool, fun project. Something that is easily accomplished, and indeed this project is now in the planning stages.

“NENO leading the way in the INOA!” My new motto.

So, how can you help? Not by showing up and letching our model you dirt bags.

We are looking for a couple of mint OE stock Norton Commandos. I figure we use OE bikes to start, just like the old Norton Girls ads. Maybe later on we can use “customized” machines, but for now we want one or two clean OE Norton Commandos, with stock paint, carbs, seat, etc.

If you have a clean OE stock Norton Commando with OE paint please contact me. I promise only the NENO girl will ride your bike. Well, and me too of course. And the photographer, and the other Board members, and everyone else there…

But seriously, if you have a clean, mint OE Commando and you want it in the pictures please contact me.

Jim
978-486-8943

PS I think we have a model. We have one in mind anyway. But, a backup is always nice. For now this is not a paying gig. It might end up a low, low paying session (some free cloths maybe); we’ll have to see.

No nudity either so keep in in your pants.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NENO Girl! 24 Aug 2016 06:50 #2

• gocommando
  • Thank you received: 12
when do we meet her? for recruiting, how 'bout bumpah stickahs/widow decals. These work for everything else: favorite vacation spot, running marathons (26.2), college(s) kid(s) are attending, etc. Maybe we can have "my NORTON is smarter than your honor student ". plenty of HARLEY decals out there-NORTON (NENO) would sure get lots of EXPOSURE -which brings the conversation back to the NORTON girl....

NENO Girl! 25 Aug 2016 22:06 #3

• mikethgreek
  • Thank you received: 7
Just had a brief (1/2 hour) discussion with Jim regarding this idea Since speaking to him originally I thought it might be a good idea to have a contest, where members submit a picture of a girl they know (wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, niece, neighbor, friend etc...) in a pose reminiscent of the Norton girl ads, Deadline for submissions would be October 30th and the winner would be picked by anonymous vote at the Christmas party, with a cash prize awarded ($200?). Jim liked the idea, but he likes his idea better, so I figure we could put it to the members at next month's meeting and see which way the wind blows. My daughter-in-law has agreed to be my model if it is a low-key contest so you guys will have a high bar to meet, if I can get my bike somewhat assembled by then! I can't make it next month but will submit my proposal for Mike Friel to present. Jim says he will be there to present his side.
Mike P

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 08:10 #4

• gocommando
  • Thank you received: 12
so i'll be in NC and will miss next meeting-but please clarify if bone stock NORTON has to used or?? (mine has drilled rotors and mikuni-so can i participate?

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 16:18 #5

• swampdawg
  • Thank you received: 1
Heading off trouble... Have the wives been consulted?

40 mi north of Atlanta. 300 mi north of Okefenokee swamp. Producer of Daytona Bike Week Campground, Swap Meet and Burning Bike. bikeweekcampground.com burningbike.com

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 22:04 #6

• mikethgreek
  • Thank you received: 7
After due consideration today I've changed my mind. Jim's pretty passionate as to how it's his idea so as far as I'm concerned it's his baby. Lord knows I've got enough to do.
Mike P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds