Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tech sessions @ INOA july NY rally

INOA july rally in NY 18 Jul 2022 16:32 #7

• rightshiftrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Just thought that I would share a couple of pic's from the rally.

Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: dynodave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

INOA july rally in NY 16 Aug 2022 06:25 #8

• dynodave
  • dynodave's Avatar Topic Author
  • dynodave
  • Thank you received: 262
I've been asked to do tech sessions and supposed to be morning and afternoon each day the rally is on starting with monday.
Arriving sunday after 3pm and I will be able to claim a spot with electric, water and shade.

Well I showed up sunday afternoon as planed to set up my campsite in prep for monday morning's first tech session.
Crack of dawn at rally registration desk, I pick up my packet and notify them of my location so the early birds can slide on over for the first tech session.
Breeze through the program in the registration packet to see they HAD included a little intro statement bio of "dynodave" Dave Comeau they has asked me to provide to them.
No passer bys coming to tech session?

Go to Rally administration table to notify Chuck where I am located. I was reminded Frank P is assigned that duty.tech session management/organization.

Rally programi list does NOT show any tech sessions for monday (or friday) ?

I advise frank of my location and again he advised me of friction with rally management..
I see no further attempt to promote participation for available tech sessions or my presence.
Over the whole rally a (very) few stragglers stop for a brief norton tech question.

I now wonder what value in several weeks preparation time and effort to haul my trailer full of tech session equipment, demonstration and sample parts visual aids, books, manuals. and an extra days camping fee. Highway tolls, diesel fuel.

In short I would not have even gone...had I known.

I would have asked them to mail my T-shirt and rally pin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds